Disability Services. A not-for-profit organisation who provides day programs to adults (18+) with a disability in the Port Macquarie/Hastings area. Established 1997 NewIDAFE opened as a small support service for adults (18+) with a disability in Port Macquarie. They offer community based and centre based programs in the Hastings area and service transport facilities are available.
Provide education/training/support which aims at the total development of the people attending the service Provide a safe, healthy, caring and learning environment, promoting excellence in learning/living skills Develop and implement individual and person centred plans as per peoples needs Support and nurture empowerment of people in their use of community and its resources Effectively network within the local community to further develop opportunities, access and choice for people Nurture social network through community involvement as well as valuing and supporting family relationships
To achieve at your own level is of the utmost importance to each one of us.
“NewIDAFE will always listen and do their utmost to provide independence, fun, happiness as well as encourage opportunities for each person to realise their personal best at whatever level in a welcoming and safe environment”.
About New IDAFE inc.
Established in 1997, NewIDAFE is a local, non-profit, non-government charitable organisation established to provide programs to adults with a disability. Programs are designed by each person attending and are individual and manageable.
“Our business is about getting the service that you want”
- NewIDAFE prides itself in its personalisation of programs and continues to strive to comply with and exceed all standards required under the relevant acts.
- NewIDAFE has joined the growing list of organisations supporting a National Disability Insurance Scheme
(NDIS). Information can be obtained from http://everyaustraliancounts.com.au
- Our service is person centred and easily accessible.
- We are also family and community focused and support peoples changing needs.
- Any profits go back into the service and programs.
- Our focus is on health and safety whilst encouraging people to develop skills and abilities.
NewIDAFE’s service delivery is in 9 key areas
- Community participation
- Transition to work
- Life choices
- Active ageing
- Post school options and day programs
- Respite provision (Inc Crisis)
- Councelling and referral service
- Aboriginal and other culturally appropriate services to suit individual needs
NewIDAFE also has regular access to other clinical services such as
- Speech therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Remedial and therapeutical massage services
- Personal trainers
- Behaviour specialists
Work at NewIDAFE – Volunteer and Employment
If you would like to volunteer or be employed in the disability sector we would like to keep your records on file for future reference. We always look at people who have the ability and confidence to work one-on-one with people that attend our service.
Applicants are required to have
- Senior first aid certificate
- Police check
- Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance
- Reliable motor vehicle
- Cert III or higher in community services, disability services (or are willing to obtain)