Welcome to the Hastings Co-op, your Hastings Valley community cooperative. Hastings Co-op has been serving the Hastings area of NSW, Australia since 1916. Over the years we have grown with the Hastings and Greater Port Macquarie region and are now a diverse business conglomerate with the central purpose of providing a range of products and services that benefit members and improve our local community.
About Hastings Coop
The Hastings Co-operative Ltd is a community co-operative situated in Wauchope on the Mid North Coast of NSW, Australia. The Co-operative is owned by over 8900 shareholders. We are one of the longest serving independent co-ops in Australia. We were originally established in 1916 by a group of local dairy farmers who saw the benefits of working together as a community. They brought their milk to be processed and fresh fruit & vegetables to be marketed. Since then, we have grown from strength to strength, both in size and in the diversity of our product and service offering, while never losing sight of our community spirit.
Current Day Operations of the Co-operative Include:
The Dairy Products division
well known for its multi award-winning range of superb cheeses and yoghurts, plus of course, Hastings Milk
The Department Store in Wauchope
a unique retail concept, stocking a wide range of items in fashion, outdoor living, hardware, toys, homeware, giftware and more.
Three IGA supermarkets
in the Wauchope CBD, Timbertown and in Gordon Street, Port Macquarie.
Two Farm Supplies outlets
in Wauchope and Comboyne – well known particularly to farmers for agricultural and irrigation supplies, but also to townies for their general house & garden requirements.
The Fuel Supplies division
Ampol and Caltex service stations at each end of Wauchope, plus a Bulk Fuel operation which supplies fuel to farmers, industrial customers and retail service stations through ever-expanding parts of northern NSW.
Bottle-O Liquor Barn – a drive through, or stop and browse, bottle shop, conveniently situated next to the Cedar Service Station on the eastern end of Wauchope’s High Street.